Monday 10 June 2013

Lots of Layers with Magnolia

Hey ladies!

A week ago we started a new challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges and what we want you to do this time is use "Lots of layers". Now I'm normally not one for many layers but a challenge is a challenge so I went looking for inspiration and found this lovely tutorial by Debbie Dolphin in one of the Magnolia Ink's that showed a quick card with lots of layers created with a Go Kreate Large Frames Frilly #7 die set and I decided to use that card as inspiration. And I found it only fitting to use a Magnolia when being inspired by Debbie so this is the card I created:
I used the three different sizes of the die set to cut the gorgeous design papers by Inkido Design with. Then I traced the outer lines of the three different dies on kraft cardstock, tracing the largest one two times to use as the back of the card as Debbie did in her version. All the papers have been hand stitched together. The sentiment is one of my favorites it's from the Everyday Mini Postage Stamps by Raindrop Echo Designs for Whimsy Stamps, you can cut them out with a matching die. I ordered my first Frantage and had to play with that of course.
The gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts flowers I used are:
Ivory Open Roses 20mm
Ivory Open Roses 25mm
Mixed White/Cream Trellis Roses 35mm
And Tilda in a close up, as always 3D paper pieced and colored with Copic Markers.

Well, hope you enjoyed my card and want to give our challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges a try, you still have a few days left.

Hugs,


2 comments: